Music plays a central role in the artistic oeuvre of Dieter Roth. This limited box edition is a series of publications that aims to describe Dieter Roth’s musical editions as precisely as possible, to offer a scholarly assessment of them and to create a comprehensive documentation of them for the very first time. The box edition contains the following publications and LPs:
– And away with the minutes*, catalogue for the exhibitions in Zug and Berlin
– Discography*, a catalogue raisonné of Dieter Roth’s work as musician and music publisher
– Harmonica Curse* is a long-term diary from the year 1981 comprising words, images and sounds
– Rarely heard conversations is a documentation with keywords and time codes for circa 25 hours of recorded conversations with Hansjörg Meier, Oswald Wiener, Arnulf Rainer, Christian Attersee, Dominik Steiger, Günther Brus, Björn Roth, Hermann Nitsch and Gerhard Rühm.
– Quadruple concerto, which was performed in 1977 at the Basel Music Academy, is here released for the first-ever time on 3 LPs, together with a facsimile poster of the original concert. A detailed study of this concert and a scholarly commentary can be found in the accompanying book.
– Disklavier, a DVD featuring a piano improvisation by Dieter Roth from the year 1992.
– Splittersonate, a new edition of the 126-page score for piano and voice from the years 1980 to 1987.
The publications marked with an asterisk * may be purchased individually in bookshops.
Edited by: Edizioni Periferia, Kunsthaus Zug, Hochschule für Musik / Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz, Musik-Akademie Basel
Design: Camillo Paravicini, Stephan Fiedler
Rarely heard conversations: Michel Roth, Flurina Paravicini
Quadruple concerto: Michael Kunkel
Disklavier: Franz Wassmer
Splittersonate: Michel Roth, Michael Kunkel
all essays: German, English
A one-off edition of 300 copies
CHF 690.– / EUR 574.–
The box edition is only available from Edizioni Periferia.